Now as you have selected a name for your blog it’s time to get your blog online. This may sound technical or tough but believe me walking through the below given steps, you are going to do it in next 10 minutes only without having any technical knowledge.
To get your blog up and running you need following 3 things:
- Blog Domain/name – I have already explained this in previous article and hope you have decided the domain/name for your blog.
- Blog Hosting – I’ll be guiding in this article to get your blog host
- Blogging Software – I suggest you to select WordPress, a free software, to build your blog. This is very easy, search engine friendly and most popular software to build a blog. I’ll be guiding here how you can do with it. So no worries at all!
Simply, a Blog host is a server/space which hold all of your blog files and database. When anyone type your blog name within the browser address area, hosting company serves all the request send through the browser and delivers the page/response. Without Hosting you can not have your blog.
The blog host I would recommend and the one I’ll show you here “how to use” in this guide, is SiteGround. I personally use SiteGround for past 7 years and I recommend this for you and all new bloggers because:
- When you will sign up for hosting, SiteGround will register your blog name/domain for free, making sure at once that no one else can take it.
- SiteGround offer free installation of WordPress, blogging software, in simple easy steps. I’ll be showing here how you can do it.
- SiteGround delivers your page very fast as compared to other hosting companies. This matters a lot as per new Google policy and helps your page/blog to stand on top position.
- SiteGround have been recommended by WordPress since 2005. SiteGround host over 2 million blogs and websites in current date.
- SiteGround customer support service via phone or web chat is available 24×7. You can call or ping them anytime in case you face any problem or to sort any issues encounter at your blog site.
- SiteGround provides you special security features to avoid hacking or down time of your blog site.
- SiteGround gives you 30 days money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with their services.
Use any SiteGround on this site to purchase your hosting and get the special discount price of $3.95 / month.
Disclosure: SiteGround compensates The Blog Starter when you purchase through this link, so my services are free of charge to you! In fact, if you have any trouble at all setting up a blog with this tutorial, just contact me and I will do it for you (free!).
1. Click here for the special $3.95 per month rate on SiteGround and then click “get started now”.
2. Select your plan. I recommend that new bloggers get the StartUp plan. Click “Get Plan” to choose your plan.
3. Choose Domain. This is quite easy step
- Here you will get 2 option. “Register a New Domain” or “I already have a Domain”. If you are planning to buy a new domain then select “Register a New Domain”. In case you have already a domain name “I already have a Domain”. Fill the details and then click on “Proceed” button.
4. Now its time to fill out your billing details on “Review and Complete” page. Once you are done with filling up all the required details. Click on “Pay Now” button and you are all set.